6.16.2011

the power of a clean toilet

(I was going to post a picture of my clean toilet. But then I thought you might prefer seeing my adorable daughter instead. You're welcome.)
Today I cleaned the bathroom.

Exciting, no?

Actually, it was incredibly exciting. It was the first time it had been cleaned since Lucy was born. It was the first time I had really, truly cleaned anything since Lucy was born. I felt so...accomplished. And clean!

So far I've walked past the bathroom door and leaned in for a peek 5 times. Never mind the huge pile of laundry waiting to be folded at the foot of my bed. Never mind the cluttered state of the living room, the dirty kitchen floor, the 7 emails I can't seem to respond to, or the burp diapers strewn throughout each room of the house. Man, my toilet is clean.

At least for today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! ;-)

And thanks for the picture of beautiful Lucy. I cannot believe she will be 3 weeks old tomorrow, and I still have not held her or kissed her sweet cheeks. Or given you a big hug. One day, maybe, all the kids will be healthy and we can make it work. Until then, congratulations on the toilet!!

Oh, and don't worry about the laundry. You can just grab stuff from the pile until it's gone! ;-)

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

I remember those days! (And I'm glad you posted the sweet picture of Lucy - you maybe keep walking by your bathroom for a quick peek at your clean toilet, but I'll be coming back to this photo over and over for loving peeks at my adorable new niece!!!!! Makes me so happy.) Love you guys!

libby said...

Amanda,
I can totally relate! I never knew how therapeutic a little cleaning could be!
Lucy is beautiful and looks so happy! Can't wait to spend time with you all soon :)

Erin said...

You beat me - I just cleaned our toilets for the first time since Michael a couple days ago. Too bad Lucy's not old enough yet to sit on the clean toilet; you could have killed 2 birds with one stone :)