12.19.2010

in which I apologize to my husband


Dear Elijah,

I realize that I owe you an apology (or at least an explanation) for my fit of laughter tonight, because I realize that you might have thought I was laughing at you. This was not the case.

I was not laughing because you had to drum up your stern Daddy voice and threaten, "Sophia, you better obey me..." I was not laughing because I could hear the bangs and clunks coming from the bathroom and could clearly picture what was happening - you trying to help one child while the other ran around and over and through your legs and arms in a very small space. And I definitely was not laughing because I heard the tell-tale splash and you say "Oh, shoot," and saw both girls run yelling from the bathroom (one with her pants around her ankles) "Daddy dropped something in the potty!"

No, I was laughing with pure joy - because it meant that I'm not the only one who has moments like that.

Thank you for being my partner in this crazy parenting business. I love you. Will you accept some brownies as a peace offering?

Your devoted wife

4 comments:

Melissa Braun said...

Your Dad MUST read this as it explains beautifully all those times I have laughed at similar situations, and he was mildly miffed! Such a great description-I felt like I was there!
Love you-
Mama

Unknown said...

Oh my, how funny normal, everyday life can be if we just let it. It is nice to know we moms aren't alone in our experiences!

marilyn blair said...

Well a lot of us got to chuckle with that!!

Chris Humphreys said...

Hilarious!! :)

(Though I must admit, I'm having a hard time picturing Elijah with a "stern Daddy voice"... :)