12.14.2010

snow and Christmas carols

The girls have been talking about snow since September. "After summer comes fall," they would say, "and after fall is winteranditwillsnow!" they would shout in one breath. This is only my 3rd winter in Nashville but I have learned that you can never tell what the weather will do. So I was hoping for snow along with my girlies, praying they'd get at least one good snowfall to play in by the time February hit.
It came early - hooray!
Coming in from the snow is always a little easier when you get to wrap your hands around a cup of hot (or warmish, in this case) chocolate.

* * * * *
Every night during Advent (or, most nights) after dinner we light our Advent wreath, read from our Children's Bible, and let the girls choose a Christmas song to sing together. They are getting really good at singing along. Here are some of my favorites:
  • O, Little Town of Bethlehem: "Yet in ya dark streets shineth ye everyasting yight, ya hopes and fears of all ya years are met in ye tonight."
  • Silent Night: "Seep in heavendy peace, seep in heavendy peace."
  • Angels We Have Heard on High: "Gor----ia!" as loud and long as you can possibly sing it

3 comments:

Melissa Braun said...

I love it!!!!!
Sounds just like Advent evenings when you were little-
I miss you-kiss those precious girlies for me (and Elijah, too!)
Love,
Mama

marilyn blair said...

Well that is what the snow is all about--seeing them really getting in to it. Greetings to all--East and West!

Love,
Grandmom

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

Aw! I yuv dat! :)
Hi and hugs to them from Auntie Wendy.