11.22.2010

our week in review

It was a full one.

Lots going on. Lots of tears (from all of us). But lots of laughing, and snuggling, and general silliness. Moments full of grace and mercy and joy. Lots of time spent enjoying Auntie Cat and family and friends.

We started out last weekend by going to the zoo. While we were there, Elijah decided to join the phenomenon sweeping the world known as "The Lying Down Game" - aka "Parkour for Lazies." (It's British, what else can I say?)
The girls wanted to get in on the action.

There was dancing with Daddy and a Bayoon Party, of course.

We celebrated 30 wonderful years of Cat.
Sophie asked me to tie the (not exactly clean) dish towel on her head. When I asked her who she was, she answered, "Mary."
Which was fitting, because on Saturday, after we said goodbye to Auntie Cat,
the girls dressed in their fanciest dresses and headed to a tea party at church in honor of the feast of the Presentation of Mary in the temple. I could not believe how many girls ages 3-12 were there - almost 40!
How was your week?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Cat!! Sorry I missed it (and you) when you were here. Amanda, I love their fancy dresses-- Aida and Sophie are so beautiful!

Melissa Braun said...

So beautiful, as always, my dear!
Love you,
Mama/Nana

Unknown said...

Hahahaha - Parkour for lazies! I think I'm going to have to try this