2.21.2011

the pull of the ocean

We are slowly emerging from the Land of Perpetual Sickness.

It has not been fun.

But here are some pictures that ARE a lot of fun.

I never knew how much I would miss the ocean until I couldn't just hop on my bike to get there. But I do miss it - the sound, the wonder, even that tar-and-seaweed smell that just says "home" to me. So I was thankful to spend some time there with my family when we went to CA.

Uncle Gare re-introduced Aida to her native land.
Sophie made sure Grandpa knew that she did NOT want her feet in that water again.
Aida braved the waves and was absolutely delighted...
...while Ginny showed off her wave-jumping skills...
...and Timmy got drenched and cried all the way home. (But that smile says it was worth it.)
And Sophie cheered up as soon as she realized she wouldn't have to go in again.

1 comment:

Melissa Braun said...

The California ocean misses you, too!
Love and kisses to you who I misses-
Mama/Nana