2.14.2011

us these days: Part 4

So what better day to write about my husband than on Valentine's Day (or Valenstine Day, as we call it in our house)?
I am so thankful for this guy. He is kind, intelligent, creative, humble. He has an amazing laugh and he makes me laugh. He loves being a Daddy and he is darn good at it. He takes good care of us (all 4 of his girls!). And he is exceedingly good-looking. Yeah, how did I get so lucky?
Elijah is still working at his high school alma mater in the Alumni and Development department, doing all kinds of things including some fancy new things that involve social media and other stuff I'm not very good at. He coaches the microbes (7th and 8th graders) in cross country and track. He is so good at inspiring those scrawny little guys to do their best. And he is looking forward to putting his teacher hat back on next year with some English classes. I am excited about this, since he is such a good teacher and is one of the blessed/cursed few who does an especially fabulous job teaching silly, scrawny junior high/early high school boys.
My husband is passionate about education and particularly about teachers. He thinks they deserve a lot more credit than they get. I agree.

He likes to play disc golf and race car video games. He rides his bike to work (when it's not snowy or 40* below). He is the master tickler, waffle-maker, and chili-cooker of our home.
Elijah has a big heart that looks to meet God in all places. He reminds me to do the same. He is my encourager and inspirer. I am grateful for the ways I continue to fall in love with him as the days, months, and years pass.
So Happy Valenstine Day, my Love.

3 comments:

Melissa Braun said...

So beautiful, Amanda-
I love you!
Mama

RobbyEgo said...

Geez, why don't you just marry the guy!

marilyn blair said...

Really? And guess what--it just works that way when you have found what Elijah has found. I love all of you so very much.

Grandmom