3.31.2011

dancing


Yesterday we danced in the living room, all 4 (5!) of us. The girls begged their daddy to play them a song from his phone that had "sympasizers" (that would be "synthesizers" - they are their daddy's girls in this regard) and we all held hands and went really crazy.

I only lasted about 2 minutes, however, so then I got to sit in a chair and watch my children. I have been taking a lot of joy in this lately, doing my best to appreciate these sweet moments for what they are, these last days of "just us" before our hearts and lives are expanded by the arrival of another little blessing.

Sophie danced with purpose. She assumed a graceful, serious look and tipped her head. She hopped and kicked her feet in a deliberate fashion. Her princess dress swirled and she delighted in twirling (if you used to read my old blog and recall Sophie's first twirl, you'll agree that not much has changed).
Aida took a more relaxed tone. She plastered a goofy smile on her face and shook her upper body to the rhythm. She particularly likes to move her arms up and down in time to the music, wagging her head back and forth. It's what we call "The Aida." She did a lot of that.
And then these sisters caught each other's eye and started laughing, spinning faster and faster until they were careening through the living room like kids playing "Dizzy Bat" and I was practically going into labor watching all of the narrow-misses and almost-disasters. We finally had to cut them off for pj time - I think they could have gone all night. Or at least for another half hour.
Sweet moments. Precious days. Thanking God for each one.

(Yes, even the ones like today when we ended up with poop on the floor - what?! - and a little bit of banishment to the bedroom for yelling at Mommy. Even these moments can be redeemed. So I thank God for them, too.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All this joy, and a surprise ending!

RobbyEgo said...

I want to know more about Poop on the floor.

Amanda said...

I'm sure you do, Robby.

marilyn blair said...

It looks like Backpack has been adorned festively also.
WOO HOO and hooray for the dancing!