9.20.2010

us these days: Part 2

Now for some thoughts on my sweet Aida Elizabeth.
Around here, she is most commonly referred to as Tomata (as in "tomato") Aida. Sometimes we shorten it to Tomay. She is also known as Aida E-yiz-a-beff. And her daddy calls her Adelaida.
This girl is a hoot. She often has wild and crazy hair, but she is a serious one. And I seriously love her. Aida has always been an organizer and her favorite thing to do is set her toys up in little neat rows all over the house.
All. over. the. house.
Each day she grows just a bit braver and a little more independent. She still loves to snuggle (thank goodness!) but not for too long. She appreciates her own space...as long as she knows where everyone else is. You know, just in case.
Aida has the funniest little voice. It cracks me up and she keeps me entertained all day long with her invented songs. She and her sister often team up for some lovely duets.
She loves doing "Superman" on the swings. She is hugely into babies right now. She gets super messy when she eats. And she can throw quite a tantrum. Luckily, she chooses to do so sparingly.
And my little Aida - she has the best smile. Doesn't it just make your day?
(with her Uncle Gary)

5 comments:

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

Oh my gosh!!!! The picture of the four little animals lined up on the couch - looking at the couch, with their backs to the world - made me laugh so hard I cried. That is so stinkin' cute. (BTW, Mary used to disappear into her room. I'd eventually find her with all her little dollies lined up under Jonny's crib. She'd be quietly talking to them...so cute. I guess it's a family trait!)

Melissa Braun said...

Oh, my Aida. What a sweet and wonderful mix of us and her own self she is! I still say she reminds me the most of her silly Auntie Stephie. I miss Aida and Sophie and all of you so much it hurts. Love and kisses from Nana!!!!!

Jane G Meyer said...

Oh, how fun to stumble onto your blog. It makes you all seem not quite so far away...

Katie Humphreys said...

Oh, these posts just make my day!! Love seeing the updates on you guys and miss you more than you know. xoxox

Nicole said...

I love that she organizes her toys, and that you have so much evidence! Thank you for this posting, I feel like I know her personality now! And what a special girl she seems...

XO
Nicole