9.26.2010

when auntie stepha visits

We have been having fun fun fun with Auntie Stepha, out here on a visit from Santa Barbara. Here is how our weekend went:

Elijah was out of town on Saturday, so the 4 of us girls lazed around the house in the morning and ate english muffins for breakfast. When we finally got it together we headed out to enjoy the Farmer's Market. It would have been super enjoyable if Sophie hadn't whined the whole time. She did, however, enjoy the rosemary thyme lemonade that we all shared.
After we survived the market we walked over to the playground. Then we went home for lunch and Sophie threw an extremely long tantrum on the floor of her room.

Luckily, we pulled ourselves together for a trip to Sweet CeCe's. Nothing that a little bit of chocolate frozen yogurt with M&Ms can't make better. Then it was home again (with 2 cousins in tow) for a little rest - Aida fell asleep, Sophie yelled at her to wake up and then, after realizing that was a futile attempt, serenaded us with beautiful songs from her bed. I dozed in the big brown chair to the drone of a football game on T.V. - perhaps one of the most comforting sounds I know.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was filled with lots of jumping on Auntie Stepha's bed, the return of Daddy, playdough, a few jellybeans, chicken enchiladas, and bathtime.

Today we had a big day - church and then a family potluck at Mimi and Granddaddy's. The weather was per.fect. We had so much fun outside by the "creek".








Later this afternoon we walked to a nearby field where the girls chased Elijah's glider as it looped through the air and nosedived to the ground. The wind was blowing, the grass smelled fresh, the clouds were so lovely, and I basked in the joy of my sister near me and my girlies running. When I become technologically savvy I will post a video of them running. It is one of the funniest things I have seen. Then back home for some breakfast for dinner.

I just tucked my little lovelies in with a few lullabies and now here I am, enjoying a cozy evening with 2 people I love, listening to the drone of another football game.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Melissa Braun said...

Sounds like heaven!!! So glad you girls got to be together, and so excited that I will be out there soon. And probably one of the most comforting sounds I know in the world is the quiet drone of a football game on TV while I doze on the couch, too! Must be hereditary or something-
I love you my sweet girl-
give the girlies a kiss from Nana-
Love,
Momma